Your wellness comes first
We look forward to welcoming you and your clients back to Yas Island, safely and responsibly.
Your clients’ well-being is all that matters to us, so to ensure your safety and complete peace of mind, we’re carrying out extraordinary measures to ensure that island sanitization, social distancing and capacity guidelines are up to global standards. This way guests can continue to have epic adventures, record-breaking thrills and first-class fun at all our incredible attractions.
We know that you might have a lot of questions regarding the re-opening of Yas Island and its precautionary measures that is why we have introduced our team of Yas Wellness Ambassadors who are available every day from 08:00 – 23:00 (GST), to answer any questions you might have about the island.
HOW TO GET IN TOUCH WITH OUR WELLNESS AMBASSADORS
Our Wellness Ambassadors are available to answer any questions you or your clients have about visiting Yas Island, its attractions and anything else regarding the safety precautions we’re taking before they visit the island. You can get in touch with one of our Wellness Ambassadors through our Yas Concierge touchpoints:
Important safety guidelines
As we welcome you and your clients back to enjoy all of our exciting, award-winning experiences and attractions, we’ve implemented a few safety measures that they should follow to ensure their health and well-being.
Additional Health and Safety Measures on specific Yas Island attractions:
Yas Marina Circuit
- UV sanitization of our helmets for use at Kartzone and Drive Yas. These units are on order and allow us to completely sterilize helmets within 8 minutes, ensuring all customers have a clean helmet for their driving experience at YMC.
- Golf Events and Tournaments will remain cancelled at this time;
- No rental clubs will be available;
- The Driving will be closed;
- Trackman Range at Abu Dhabi Golf Club and Top Tracer at Yas Links Abu Dhabi will be closed;
- Putting Greens and Chipping areas may be used with your own golf balls;
- On Course playing lessons are available as well as private lessons on the putting and chipping areas.
- Swimming pool and beach: All visitors are required to bring their own towel.
Before your visit
What do I need to bring?
We advise that you bring your own protective face masks and gloves, and also shopping bags if you plan to visit Yas Mall.
Is my whole family able to visit with me?
We're all about family fun at Yas Island, however, as per Abu Dhabi government guidelines, members of your family who are younger than 12 and over 60 years old should stay home for their safety.
If I forget to bring a face mask, do you provide one?
If you do forget to bring your protective face mask whilst visiting our attractions, please speak to one of our team members on ground who will be able to advise and assist you.
What else do you advise before I visit?
If you're visiting Yas Theme Parks, we recommend to install their respective apps to view park maps.
During your visit
What measures have you put in place to ensure my safety?
- We have doubled the number of our cleaning teams and increased the frequency of sanitization at frequent touch points and high traffic areas.
- We have defined clear and separate entry and exit points.
- Our colleagues will have protective masks and gloves on at all times, and their temperature checked regularly.
- If you're looking for specific measures for the venue you're visiting, please get in touch with our Yas Wellness Ambassadors who are available to assist.
Do you have hand sanitizers available?
Yes, hand sanitizers are available for your use across attractions and venues across Yas Island.
Do you check guests' temperature?
Yes, we have installed thermal scanners at entrances and will require guests to go through temperature checks upon entry.
Will I be required to wear a face mask at all times?
Yes, protective face masks must be worn at all times whilst on Yas Island, except when you're at a table in one of our dining spots or on a slide at Yas Waterworld.
What about face coverings when we eat?
We have arranged tables and seating following social distancing guidelines, so that you can remove your protective face coverings whilst you eat.
Are contactless payments mandatory?
We advise our guests to limit the amount of cash use and we encourage contactless payments across all attractions and venues.
How do you encourage social distancing?
We have reduced capacity across all attractions for efficient social distancing of guests, and have placed provisional signages at key locations.